How to share apps/components as web services
Step 1 - Preparing and packaging
- ensure that it uses UIMA CAS XMI messaging system as specified at https://openminted.github.io/releases/processing-web-services/1.0.0/specification and
- upload the typesystem that the web service deploys in Maven1.
Step 2 - Adding in the OpenMinTeD platform
You can then visit the OpenMinTeD registry where you can register your web service in one of the following ways:
- edit from scratch the OMTD-SHARE metadata record2 using the OpenMinTeD editor or
- upload an XML file with the OMTD-SHARE metadata record.
Please, note that in the metadata record, you must include (1) the URL where the web service can be executed in the element distributionLocation, e.g.
(2) the typesystem details in the the module componentDependencies/typesystem and more specifically in the elements resourceName and resourceIdentifier (Maven coordinates), e.g.
<resourceName>Chebi Curation Type System</resourceName>
1. Please, note that for semantic interoperability reasons, OpenMinTeD recommends the use of the DKPro Core Type System (current v1.9.0) for known types shared between the components; this typesystem is already available at Maven. For types not covered by the DKPro Core Type System, users can select a typesystem of their choice, document it following the specifications for ancillary knowledge resources and upload it at Maven. ↩