What is OpenMinTeD?
OpenMinTeD enables the creation of an infrastructure that fosters and facilitates the use of Text and Data Mining (TDM) technologies in the world of scholarly content, builds on existing TDM tools and platforms, and renders them discoverable and interoperable through a dedicated registry and a standards-based interoperability layer.
What is the OpenMinTeD platform?
It's the place where
- researchers can
- TDM experts can
- add their software components or end-user applications,
- add ancillary knowledge resources,
- mix and match their components and ancillary knowledge resources though the OpenMinTeD workflow editor in order to create new end-user applications.
To implement this vision, OpenMinTeD takes advantage of the existing ecosystem of e-infrastructures and repositories. It thus relies on the addition by registered users of resources only if they can be used for running TDM operations It also collects from other trusted sources, transforms all resources to the desired format and makes them available to the end users.
The OpenMinTeD platform is neither a repository for the curation and long-term preservation of content and services, nor a catalog of information about resources that might be of interest to TDM stakeholders.
What types of resources does OpenMinTeD target?
- the content resources to be mined, i.e. scholarly publications in the current phase,
- the TDM software and
- ancillary knowledge resources used for the operation of the software (e.g. machine learning models, lexical or ontological resources used for annotating the resources to be mined, typesystems, annotation schemas, linguistic tagsets, etc.).